So trying to rank for “lol cats” is too difficult you say? Depends on how much time and dedication you have. Also crucial to the equation is how damn funny you are; at this here site we represent #cute #cats and #comedy & All that + staying true blue = FLAVOR. Can you taste it??? If you can then you’re good. If you can’t, Well… chew on this:
You Google “lol cat research” and you get:
Ok you don’t. I wish you got that but instead You get my facebook like page, which breaks my heart since I would rather my website was at the top of the list where currently it’s only second. It also bothers me since I hardly use Suckerberg’s platform at all. You know if you read my previous blog you will understand in great detail just how I’ve evolved into the facebook hater I am today. Still, the reality of it is, that if you want to build a brand and take over a piece of the internet for yourself these days: being a facebook user is a reality.
Today is my 1.5 year anniversary. In that time, the amount of traffic I generate has taken giant leaps and bounds. I have to admit there was a period of about four months where I did almost nothing with #lolcats so you can say 14 months of work is what I’m documenting for you here. Missing that four months had mostly to do with relationship issues, work hours (talking real work), anxiety, stress, depression, laziness, and procrastination. These aren’t excuses, they are REASONS why I didn’t do anything for such a long stretch. I’ve since righted these wrongs and that’s why you’re reading what I’m writing here. I won’t abandon you again… I PROMISE!!!
So back to what I was talking about before, I haven’t googled “lol cat research” (btw, you must keep it within quotes) for quite some time and it’s good to see that the search is all about me and my hand-skills. So right now we’re going to examine the anatomy of my takeover plot and how I rocked it for all y’all:
- purchased the domain www.lolcatresearch.com
- ran wordpress as my blogging platform
- created as many social media accounts as possible under lolcatresearch
- regularly post as @lolcatresearch on social media: especially twitter
- post hashtag around interwebs #lolcatresearch when they won’t let me use a URL link to my site
- made cat meme pics watermarked with LoLCatResearch.com and posted them on my blog, reddit, and elsewhere… my list is growing
All that’s very nice. Now let’s talk about what I have NOT done and here’s my biggest regret: It’s sad to say that I’ve never released a cat video. I have them, it’s just that I never get around to editing them to the point that they are releasable to the public.
- Never wrote one press release 🙁 and it’s a damn shame. Me and my partner at hiptot.com have enjoyed considerable fame that was jumpstarted from well-written press releases. Journalists use them when they see that we have a live family event listed and they want to cover it. In other words, press releases generate press! That is what we want. Press. If it’s not what you want, you got serious problems… BELIEVE THAT!!!
- Didn’t write an eBook. This is sad because I’m sure someone is writing the exact same book I should’ve written and if I see their’s come out first I’m going to hate on myself for too long. How can this be avoided… Hmm let me think. OK I got it — by writing an eBook! Getting it out by the holiday season is my new goal.
So here it is live and uncut. I did what was free and easy to do and now I will expand into more difficult content strategies. It will all work out in the end… LET’S HOPE!!! This will be the last post from me for at least a week so #HappyHalloween !!! I outlined what I did and didn’t do and now I give you some words of advice for those of you who want to be like me:
Get your cat to put on a costume while you film him/her. Post the video and watch it go viral. That’s what someone did here: